EASTSIDE BAVARIAN: YOUR TRUSTED DIESEL SERVICE SHOP
Diesel engines are becoming more popular than ever before, thanks to improved fuel economy, cleaner-burning technology, and improved performance. They are quieter than ever before and feature higher torque than their gasoline-burning counterparts. Diesel engines are entirely different from gasoline engines, and advanced diesel technology such as BMWs d series requires training and specialized knowledge of European diesels an area where Eastside Bavarian is a leader.
Whatever issues you are having with your diesel engine, you can bring your car to Eastside Bavarian in Issaquah. Give us ca call at 425-391-1990 or schedule an appointment online.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GAS-POWERED CARS AND DIESEL
Diesel vehicles often get a reputation for being less eco-friendly than gasoline cars, but we say this is an unfair accusation. While both gasoline and diesel engines mix and compress fuel and air inside their cylinders, a gas engine uses a spark plug to generate the energy that keeps your car moving, while a diesel engine builds pressure in the fuel-air mixture itself to generate heat. Although diesel fuel is usually more expensive than regular gasoline, you will get more mileage out of diesel. Almost all car makes have several diesel models, making diesel a viable option for many.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CAR NEEDS A DIESEL SERVICE?
Eastside Bavarian in Issaquah can perform a diesel service for you. As durable as diesel engines are built to be, parts of the engine can sometimes break down. Some common signs that something is wrong with your diesel engine include:
- Your engine will not start or is hard to start.
- This typically indicates low compression or problems with fuel delivery. It is normal for a diesel engine to crank up a bit when started, but it should not be extremely difficult to get the engine running.
- There is noise coming from your vehicle.
- If you notice that noise is inconsistent or there is a knocking sort of sound in the engine, there is probably an issue with your fuel injectors. You will probably experience reduced performance until you have the issue repaired.
- There is black or white smoke coming out of your vehicle.
- Your Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) light warns.